Secure360 is fast approaching! This year’s event is Tuesday, May 5 and Wednesday, May 6, 2020, returning to the beautiful Mystic Lake Center in Prior Lake, MN. All of us at Secure360 and UMSA are excited to show you what we’ve been planning for all of you, what’s new with this year’s conference and why there’s no other conference or event like Secure360. We’ve outlined the top 10 reasons to attend Secure360 this year. Let’s get started.
1. We’re celebrating a big milestone – 15 years of Secure360
Secure360 was created by a group of security and risk management professionals with the intent of providing education and advancement opportunities for peers in the Midwest. Now in its 15th year, Secure360 has turned into something so much more than that: an all-encompassing experience that brings together professionals at all levels in the industry for collaboration, education and new perspectives. Like a crystal, Secure360 has held steadfast through the years as the conference of choice for comprehensive security and risk management professionals.
Come celebrate with more than 1,500 of your peers for this milestone event in 2020.
2. Join us for a mini “staycation” at the gorgeous Mystic Lake Center
This year, Secure360 we’ll be back at the beautiful Mystic Lake Center in Prior Lake, MN. Stay the night and enjoy a mini “staycation” while you take full advantage of all that Mystic Lake has to offer. Outside of the conference itself, you’ll have access to the casino, golf course, a relaxing spa and so much more. Conference sponsors and attendees can stay on-site during the event for a discounted rate!
3. Secure360 has something for everyone
There are five session tracks at this security conference in the Twin Cities.
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery: Includes all aspects of business continuity planning such as disaster recovery, incident management and standards.
- Governance, Risk and Compliance: Featuring topics that evaluate and address risk broadly, ensuring security programs meet established requirements, and tracking overall security posture, as well as covering all aspects of auditing and IT.
- Cybersecurity: Entails everything from offensive and defensive security, to cyber and information assurance, data security and analytics, cloud and application security, mobile security, critical infrastructure, incident response and forensics.
- Physical Security: Encompasses anything related to the facilitation and organization of protection including access control systems, video surveillance and guard services.
- Professional Development: Helps practitioners develop skills in coaching, communication, management and leadership.
4. Have you seen our keynote speakers?
We’re kicking the conference off on Tuesday, May 5 with Alex Stamos, Former Chief Security Officer of Facebook and Former Chief Information Security Officer of Yahoo. Stamos will deliver his presentation, “Information Warfare: How our phones, newspapers and minds have become the battlefield.” Our second keynote speaker, Shannon Polson, one of the first U.S. Army women Apache helicopter captains, pilot and author, will take the stage on Wednesday, May 6, with her presentation, “Leading from any seat: Stories from the cockpit & lessons from the Grit Project.”
5. …and the spotlight speakers are pretty great, too.
At Secure360, you’ll have the opportunity to see some of the most noted security minds in the country share their expertise in every realm of the industry. We have ensured that at least one spotlight speaker from each of the above tracks will be featured at this year’s conference.
6. Take a break in the tradeshow hall
You’ll have plenty of opportunities between sessions to peruse the tradeshow hall. There, you’ll see dozens of businesses and organizations from across the security industry, meet the sponsors who made Secure360 possible and connect with potential customers and clients alike.
7. Meet the leading decision-makers and thought leaders in the Midwest
Needless to say, it doesn’t get better than a conference like this one for networking opportunities. Bring your business cards and be ready for the connections that will come from this year’s conference.
8. Build your resume
Be sure to have your badge scanned at every session you attend. You will have access to your personal attended session list as well as certificates that can be used to submit for CPE/CEU hours will be sent out approximately one week after Secure360. We want you to get the absolute most out of your conference experience.
9. Take it easy – we’ve got it all figured out
Like all the best things – there’s an app for that! Navigating your schedule and the conference is a breeze when you use the conference app. Stay tuned for more information on when it will be available for download!
10. There are no limits to what you will learn.
Every single session at Secure360 2020 was hand-picked by the conference planning and selection committees in order to curate the perfect conference schedule for all attendees. Not your first time with us? You’ll recognize some familiar faces, as well as a whole host of new speakers with fresh perspectives and one-of-a-kind industry experience.