March 17th, 2020
Due to events surrounding the outbreak of COVID-19, we are saddened to report that the Secure360 Conference taking place May 5-6, 2020 at Mystic Lake has been canceled. We appreciate your patience as we work on a possible contingency plan. More information is forthcoming.
March 5th, 2020
The Secure360 2020 event scheduled for May 5th and 6th is proceeding with safety as a top priority. Our planning closely follows the CDC guidelines, local and state public health authorities and US State Department/Federal Government travel rules related to the COVID-19 virus. We are monitoring updates from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the State of Minnesota which continue to indicate a low risk of exposure to the virus in the United States generally and in Minnesota.
There is a lot about COVID-19 that is still unknown, but what we do know is that personal hygiene is of critical importance. We hope that people follow the science, implement the recommendations of public health agencies, and continue to participate in the activities that make our world connected.
We encourage you to become familiar with the CDC’s suggested safety precautions, which include:
- Washing your hands for 20 seconds and using alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- When coughing and sneezing, cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – discard tissue immediately into a closed bin
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Stay home or in your hotel room if you have a fever
Mystic Lake follows a variety of protocols and preventative measures to prevent the spread of infection. The property-wide protocol includes:
- Cleaning all frequently touched surfaces on the casino floor including slot machines, vinyl chair borders, vinyl table rails, cup holders and door handles.
- Cleaning ATRs, ATMs and promo kiosks during each shift.
- Cleaning and disinfecting tables, chairs, workstations, phones and all other commonly touched areas.
- Maintaining a robust and sustainable process to thoroughly clean and inspect our hotel guestrooms.
- Sanitizing food and beverage equipment including pots, pans, plates, bowls and utensils in commercial machines at high temperatures.
- Hand sanitizer stations and cleansing wipes are available to guests and team members throughout the property.
In addition to these measures, Mystic Lake has increased training for all team members regarding health and safety practices and procedures.