A surprising number of security solutions that are purchased and installed do little to improve security for their owners. These ‘defenses’ are little more than expensive decorations for the data center. In many cases, the problem is not the product itself, but critical mistakes made during the selection, implementation, and support of the solution.
This session will present proven strategies to help you make the most of the security tools you already own. You will learn:
– how to assess whether your controls are ‘dead or alive’
– tips to measure effectiveness of your security investment
– steps for moving beyond ‘check-box compliance’
- Make sure your controls are defenses, not just decorations
- Moving beyond check-box compliance.
- Proven strategies to get the most from your investment
About Dave Fugleberg
With over 25 years of IT experience, Dave Fugleberg has filled a variety of roles including enterprise architecture, information security, and directory services in the transportation and health care sectors. In his current position as IT Security Architect, he and his team are responsible for selection, engineering, and deployment of security technologies at a fast-growing local company. Dave is a member of ISSA and ISACA, and holds CISSP, CISM, and SCF certifications.