In today’s environment of rapid digital change, growing cyber concerns and outages impacting the financial sector, operational resilience continues to be top of mind for industry executives and supervisory authorities around the world. Join Protiviti’s Douglas Wilbert and Andrew Retrum for an interactive session on how to implement a framework that builds upon the foundational elements of business continuity and disaster recovery, and can be leveraged to help understand, prevent, and recover from extreme-but-plausible events that may impact critical business services provided by the organization.
- How Operational Resilience needs to be considered within firms and by regulators; Regulatory trends, priorities and expectations
- How to establish critical business services, impact tolerance, and economic impact
- How recovery (BC/DR) is one of the four foundational elements of an effective operational resilience framework – and how it aligns to the other three elements and its governance
About Doug Wilbert
Doug is a Managing Director in the Risk and Compliance division of Protiviti’s New York office. Doug has over twenty years experience in financial services / capital markets and has worked on large scale consulting projects that range from financial close optimization to organization change management to large regulatory / technology projects for large banks, broker dealers and custodians. These projects include work from the front office though operations, technology and finance. Prior to consulting Doug’s had extensive commodity and risk management experience.
• Co-author of industry-wide perspectives and white paper on Enterprise Resiliency, working with the world’s leading financial services institutions, service organizations, industry groups, regulators and enforcement agencies to improve the stability and resiliency of the financial markets
• Led North American transformation team charged with developing operational and financial processes identified as candid
About Andy Retrum
Andrew Retrum is a Managing Director and business-oriented leader within Protiviti’s Technology Consulting Practice. He is part of Protiviti’s Global Cybersecurity Leadership team and the National Financial Services Security & Privacy Practice Lead. Andrew’s professional aspiration is to lead their talented practice in delivering true value by helping our clients better understand, communicate, and manage the evolving Cyber Threat landscape.Andrew has led Cyber Program Offices for several large institutions as part of broader business transformation efforts. He is an advocate for the adoption of the FAIR Methodology as an alternative method of IT Risk Management and thought leader on recent cybersecurity regulatory matters. Most recently, he is partnering with key trade associations within the financial sector to help craft the global response on the topic of Operational Resilience.
Prior to joining Protiviti as a founding member in 2002, Andrew spent his career at a “Big 5”